Are you applier of Passports? Are you looking How to find passport place of issue in US? Yes, you have right portal to get valid info related to passport place of issue and Who Issues a Passport in United States? Below we have listed the city where the consulate or embassy that issued your passport is located. Scroll down the page and get more info.
About U.S. Passport:
The U.S. passport issued to U.S. citizens and non-citizen nationals. The passport card’s is a wallet-size travel document that intended primary purpose is to issue to the United States Citizens an easy carrying federal “national” Identity card and, which also allow cardholders to cross the United States border into and out of sea from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda. The card provides smaller, more convenient, and less expensive alternative to the passport book for those who travel frequently to these destinations by land or sea. The passport card cannot be used for international air travel.
Passports include a photo of the passport holder, date and place of birth, a passport number, and an electronic chip with all of this information.
Validity period as a passport
The passport card has the same validity period as a passport book i.e. 10 years for an adult, 5 years for children age 16 and younger.
To have a U.S. passport, you must be a United States Citizen.
Difference Between Passport Book & Passport Card
Depending on where you are traveling outside of the United States you will need to determine if you need a passport book/card.
- A passport book is required for all international travel by air.
- To Entering the United States at land border crossings and sea ports-of-entry from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda, you can use passport card
|U.S. Passport Book||U.S. Passport Card|
|Used For||International travel|
by air, sea, or land
|Entering the United States at land border crossings and sea ports-of-entry from:|
The passport card cannot be used for international air travel.
|Validity||10 years for an adult, 5 years for children age 16 and younger.||10 years for an adult, 5 years for children age 16 and younger.|
|Size||5″ x 3.5″ (when closed)||Wallet size|
|Cost||$135 – applicants 16 & older|
$105 – applicants under 16
$110 – renewals by mail
|$55 – applicants 16 and older|
$40 – applicants under 16
$30 – renewals by mail
Note: If you already hold a passport book, your passport card will be issued with a different number. You do not need a valid passport book in order to apply for a passport card, and you can apply for either a passport card/passport book at the same time.
Click Here for details about USA VISA Sponsorship
Requirements for US Passport Card:
- Proof of US Citizenship (birth certificate)
- New Passport Application Form (DS-11), completed offline/online.
- You will need to specify on the application whether you are applying only for the passport card or for both a passport book/card.
- One passport photo
- Photocopy of your driver’s license or other state-issued ID (front and back).
- Minors under age 16 will need to submit copies of both parents’ and driver’s licenses.
- Flight itinerary or other proof of travel plans
- Passport card fee – you will need two checks, one for $25 for the Passport Acceptance Agent fee & one made payable to “US Department of State” for $30 ($15 for applicants under age 16.)
Passport Application Processed Ways:
- By Mail– Your passport card application can be sent in by mail to be processed at National Passport Center. Passport cards requested by mail are always shipped back to you via regular mail
- At a Passport Agency– There are 26 Passport Agencies across the US, and you must call the National Passport Information Center at 877-487-2778 to make an appointment
- By a Passport Expediting Company– These companies can get you a passport card in as little as 24 hours.
Who issues a passport?
All passport applications are received, reviewed, and granted (or not) through the US Department of State. Because the US Department of State handles international relations for the United States, it is also responsible for granting passports to American citizens.
There are approximately 9,000 Passport Agencies throughout U.S where you can submit an application, including United States Courts, Post Offices, Public Libraries, County Offices, and City Offices.
How to find passport place of issue in USA
The City where the issuing authority is located. For US passports, this is listed under “Authority” on the photo page. Each issuing office has a two-digit number code that is unique to that facility. This code can be used to determine which office issued the passport card. Here is a list of the passport place of issue offices and their respective two-digit codes:
- 01 Washington, D.C
- 02 Chicago
- 03 Los Angeles
- 04 Miami
- 05 San Francisco
- 07 Seattle
- 08, 40 New Orleans
- 09 Philadelphia
- 10 Boston
- 11 New York
- 12 Honolulu
- 13 Houston
- 14 Connecticut
- 15, 20, 21, 22 National passport center
- 17 Colorado
- 30, 31 Charleston passport center
Passport Acceptance Facility:
A Passport Acceptance Facility is a place where you can apply for a U.S. Passport. In general, they are located within your local post office or county official. If you are applying for a new passport you must appear in person at the nearest Passport Acceptance Facility. You must call the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778.
Also see UK Passport Place of Issue