Do you like playing video games? Want to play video games on your PC? Searching for best gaming console? If you are searching for these questions, then you are on the right page. Now in this post, we are providing wiki details on dreamcast emulator and top 10 best dreamcast emulators for PC.
The dreamcast emulator is a home based video game console released by sega. The emulator was released in Japan on 27 November, 1998. In 1999 the dreamcast emulator was released in remaining countries. The dreamcast emulator is the sixth generation of video game consoles, which was released after famous emulators like Sony’s PlayStation 2, Nintendo’s GameCube and Microsoft’s Xbox. The dreamcast emulator was the final home console from sega. By getting dreamcast emulator for your PC you can play number of games.
Dreamcast Emulator Specifications
- CPU: Hitachi SH-4, 200MHz clock rate, 360 MIPS (millions of instructions per second), 1.4 Gigaflops (floating-point operations per second), 128-bit 3D calculations, 64-bit data bus, 800+ MBytes/second bus bandwidth
- Operating System: Customized Microsoft Windows CE and Sega operating system
- Memory: 16 MB main RAM, 8 MB video RAM, 2 MB sound RAM
- Resolution: 640×448.
- Dreamcast Control Pad: Digital and analog directional controls, Dual analog triggers, Virtual Memory System data save unit
- Expansion Options: Modem: 33.6kb per second transfer rate (56kb in U.S.) Upgradable
- Media: GD-ROM (GigaByte Disk-ROM) Drive – Maximum speed 12X 1.2 Gigabyte Capacity
- Sound: Yamaha Audio Core, 32-bit RISC CPU, DSP for real-time effects, 64 sound channels, ,Full 3D sound support, Hardware-based audio compression
Best Dreamcast Emulators for PC
Chankast is one of the best dreamcast emulators. This is the first emulator of dreamcast to play all commercial games. This emulator is available free for windows. The emulator is specially designed for Windows XP in 2003. The emulator doesn’t work for windows 9x. When you use this emulator for windows 2000 then you will encounter with some problems.
Icarus is other best dreamcast emulators available for PC. It is the first emulator to play commercial games. The emulator is currently not available as it is being developed by its developers. The emulator is very famous and older versions of this emulator are still being used by many people. It is one of the dreamcast emulator which began to give samples of lives. The developers of this emulator are CyRUS64, Ector and Zezu.
nullDC is another great dreamcast emulators for PC. It is video game console emulator developed by drkllRaziel and Zezu. This emulator was specifically designed for Windows 86. This emulator is an open source Sega dreamcast and Sega Naomi. This emulator is available for operating systems of windows, PlayStation 3, Pandora and android.
Dreamer is the fantastic dreamcast emulators for PC. It was the first released and working dreamcast emulator for PC. This emulator was developed by Elsemi form the late 2000 until 2001. The developer does not develop dreamer emulator so it is not used by many people. The dreamer emulator is free and it is available for windows. This emulator is available for users of windows 98.
DreamEMU is amazing dreamcast emulator. This emulator is specialized in playing CPU demos and homebrew games. This emulator is compatible with windows version. This emulator is capable of playing commercial games at very fast speeds. This emulator runs almost all games of dreamcast. This emulator is best known for its compatibility.
So these are the best dreamcast emulators for windows 10 users. If you have any suggestion of any other emulators please do comment in below comment box. If you like this post please share on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Whatsapp and Pinterest. Thank you for visiting our site @ www.dreamaim.com.