Social Security Number is also called as SSN. The Social Security Number is a nine-digit number that the Government of United States (U.S.) provides to all permanent residents, citizens and temporary residents under section 205(c)(2) of the Social Security Act.
If you want to know your Social Security Number and have lost your Original SSN Card, you will need to visit your local Social Security Administration Office for recovering.
Also you can change or correct Your Name on Social Security Number Card. So, let you see the process of How to find my Social Security Number Online or How to change SSN Number.
How to view Your Social Security Number
There are mainly two convenient ways to view your Social Security Account Number:
- Your account number appears at the top of your gas bill, above your address.
- You can also view your account number online through My Account (Already registered for My Account)
Process to check your number at My Account?
- Log in at Welcome to My Account
- Your account number appears on the upper right of the page within the Account details box.
- If you are not yet registered for My Account, you can register easily at Register for My Account.
How to register My Account?
Step 1: Go to My Social Security Account Site www.ssa.gov/myaccount/ or www.Socialsecurity.gov/myaccount
Step 2: Click on Sign in or Create an Account
Note: To create Social Security account, you must be at least 18 years old and have:
- A valid email address;
- A Social Security number; and
- A U.S. mailing address
Step 3: Provide some personal information to verify your identity
Step 4: Choose a username and password to create your account.
Step 5: Select “enter activation code
Step 6: Enter the information requested, including the account activation code we gave you.
Step 7: Then, select “next.
How to find my SSN Number Online
- Log onto the Social Security Administration’s website.
- You can also retrieve your SSN through this website but for security reasons the SSA will send you a new card rather than provide the information online.
- The Resources section contains a link where you can fill out the application.
- Answer the required questions and attach any documentation as proof of your identity.
My next article is What is my Employer Identification Number & How to find my EIN Number Online for free. So keep stay on our site regularly for more and more updates.