In this article I am going to explain you about how to install Lineage OS 15.1(Android 8.1 Oreo) on Google Nexus 10 tablet. Before knowing the installation process, you need about Linegae OS 15.1 and Android Oreo.
About Lineage OS
LineageOS Android Distribution is a free and open-source operating system for smartphones and tablet computers, based on the Android mobile platform. It is the successor to the highly popular custom ROM CyanogenMod.
Here are some of the features of Lineage OS
- Custom button placement – Set custom location for buttons on the navigation bar, or enable on-screen buttons for devices with hardware buttons.
- System Profiles – Enable or disable common settings based on the selected profile (For example, a “Home” profile and a “Work” profile).
- The profile can be selected either manually or through the use of a “trigger,” such as upon connecting to a specific WiFi access point, connecting to a Bluetooth device or tapping an NFC tag.
- Custom Quick-Setting tiles – Quick Setting Tiles such as “Caffeine” preventing the device from sleeping, enabling/disabling Heads Up notifications, “Ambient Display” and “ADB over network” are present to easily toggle frequently accessed settings.
- Expanded Desktop – Force “immersive mode” in apps that don’t enable it initially.
- LiveDisplay – Adjust color temperature for the time of day.
- Privacy Guard – Easily manage how apps can manage your data.
- Protected Apps – Hide specific apps behind a secure lock. This works hand-in-hand with Trebuchet; the respective app’s icon is removed from the launcher, and “secure folders” can be created to easily access these applications. A pattern is used to lock these apps.
- PIN scramble – For users securing their device with a pin, the layout can be scrambled each time the device locks to make it difficult for people to figure out your lock by looking over your shoulder.
- Custom pattern sizes – In addition to Android’s 3×3 pattern size, a 4×4, 5×5 or 6×6 size can be used.
- Lock screen customization – The lock screen allows all sorts of customizations, including media cover art, a music visualizer, displaying the weather (if a weather provider is installed), and double-tap to sleep.
- Weather providers – Display the weather in widgets or on the lock screen with a weather provider. This functionality is not included by default; a weather provider must be downloaded from the LineageOS Downloads website.
- Styles – Set a global dark or light theme mode and customize accent colours. This functionality can also be managed automatically by the system based on wallpaper or time of the day (in line with LiveDisplay).
About Android 8.1 Oero
Android “Oreo” (codenamed Android O during development) is the eighth major version of the Android operating system. It contains a number of major features, including notification grouping, picture-in-picture support for video, performance improvements and battery usage optimization, and support for auto fillers, Bluetooth 5, system-level integration with VoIP apps, wide colour gamuts, and Wi-Fi Aware. Android Oreo also introduces two major platform features: Android Go – a software distribution of the operating system for low-end devices – and support for implementing a hardware abstraction layer.
- This will work on Google Nexus 10 (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone using TWRP before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or you can Backup without any Root
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Steps to Install Lineage OS 15 For Google Nexus 10
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Google Nexus 10
- Now install TWRP Recovery using this full guide. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below Lineage OS 15 ROM onto your smartphone.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
Hope this article will be helpful for installing Lineage OS 15.1 on Google Nexus 10.