Are you guys disappointed with your Android phone’s internal memory storage? Many are searching for how to increase internal memory space on Android. So now in this article, we are providing you methods to increase internal memory space on Android.
Android phones and tablets provide some internal memory storage for storing data like photos, videos, music and apps. But by installing apps, taking photos, uploading music and video files decreases internal memory space then we can’t store any data on your device. You can free up space by deleting apps, but it could not find better solution. If your smart phone has an option of inserting sd card then you can buy one and increase your storage space by moving some apps and data into sd card and can install new apps on your device.
Methods to Increase Internal Memory Space on Android
to get more storage space on android follow these easy steps which are working and helps you to free up memory space on your device.
Method 1 – Increase internal memory Android (6.0 Marshmallow onwards)
From android marshmallow version the device supports usage of microSD card as internal memory, but with some restrictions. You can move some apps to the microSD card and can save photos in the microSD card directly from the camera. While using microSD card as extension of internal storage then you should format in a special way that it is compatible with android device. The formatting process has 2effects. First you will lose all data that stored in the microSD card. Second you’ll not be able to use it with other devices like you did before.
To format the microSD card and use it as internal memory storage follow the below process.
Go to “Settings> Storage and USB> SD Card”. Once it opened, click on the three dots which are on the top right corner and select settings. From the options listed below choose format as internal, and then click on erase and format button. At the end of the formatting process it will ask you to “Do you want to transfer the data that already have been on the internal memory”. I recommend you to do this later as it is little slower because memory on SD card hosts slowly. After formatting you can move some apps to the SD card.
Method 2 – Increase internal storage of Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with Root
Tools and Downloads
- Micro SD card (Class 10 minimum).
- Download and install MiniTool Partition for Windows, in Linux we can use GParted.
- Install the Link2SD app from Google Play.
Before proceeding the method smartphone must be rooted. If you don’t have Root permissions on the device you will not be able to do this trick. You should also make a backup so you do not lose your data.
Recommended To You
Best Ways to Increase Internal Memory Space on Android
To expand internal storage on android you must restore the device to factory condition, which results in a total loss of data and apps. In this method we are using link2sd app to increase internal memory of android phone.
To do this method follow the below listed steps.
- Go to “Settings> Backup and Restore> Factory Data Reset”.
- Now insert the SD card into the SD card slot of the phone and connect it to your PC.
- In minitool partition, click on the drive of your microSD card. Its very easy to find by its capacity.
- Now delete the partition of the SD card by selecting “delete” option. Now create a new partition in FAT#@ file system and set it as primary.
- Now click “Apply”.
- Now on bottom right side under operations, click Split partition.
- Divide the microSD card into two parts. One for internal (apps) and one for external (for photos and other files).
- Now select the smallest part and click on format partition, enter the Ext3 file system.
- Now right click on partition and then in the modify drop-down menu, slelct set partition as primary.
- Now click apply on the upper justify of minitool partition. This process will take few minutes.
- After it is done, don’t insert the SD card into the smartphone, keep it aside for some time. Restart your smartphone, but don’t save any apps.
- Now open super user app and update the SU binary.
- Turn off your smart phone and now insert the microSD card.
- Restart the phone and go to Google playstore and install and open the Link2SD app.
- Now a message will appear asking you what file system is on second partition of SD card, click Ext2 and restart the phone again.
- Now open Link2SD app and again under settings, tap on installation location and select internal.
- On settings of Link2SD click on auto link, you must leave this option enabled.
Now finished the process and your SD card is ready. On your next installation, you will see a notification telling you that the installed app has been linked to the SD card. Don’t remove the SD card from phone while phone is on, first turn off the smartphone.
So this is the process which helps you get unlimited storage on android phone and tablets. Hope you like this article and please share this with your friends on social media sites. Thank you for visiting our site @www.dreamaim.com.