Want to Study Abroad? Are you completed B.com? You people are on right page. Here you can get details about Study abroad after completing B.Com and Colleges, List of available Courses after B.Com, Entrance Exams, Free Counseling, Eligibility Criteria, Career Options, Job Prospects, Salary info, etc.
There are plenty of courses available after B.Com; so, let you know which course is the right one for you. As per the records, Master’s in the following areas are most popular: such as Biostatistics, Human Computer Interaction, Telecom Engineering, Applied Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Business Administration and Information Science.
- Most schools require qualifications comparable to a United States U.S.
- Bachelor’s (Honours) degree (Three Year/Four Year Degree Program). That means a minimum of 16 years of formal education
- If you have completed 3-year degree program in India, the advisable plan of action to maximize eligibility for USA graduate schools is to apply for a PG degree here in India.
- A one-year university affiliated program will make up for the 4th year of a United States Undergraduate degree.
Requirements for Application
- Your past academic record especially for programs and courses offering a master’s or doctoral degree.
- Students applying for Post Graduate Courses (MBA, MS etc) are required to submit an official transcript (mark-sheets) from each college or university.
- Also require you to take one of the standardized tests like GRE, GMAT along with English Proficiency tests like TOEFL, TWE and TSE.
- And Letters of recommendation or reference letters are also play a very important role in your admission especially in courses that earn you a master’s or doctoral degree.
- A personal statement should include your reasons for choosing a particular course, the suitability of your education & work experience for the chosen course, your personal interests and career goals are also considerable.
- Also submit a financial aid application if you desire financial help for your graduate studies in a U.S.A University
- Interviewing prospective students is getting common in the United States admission structure
PG Courses after B.Com:
As we all know after B.com most of the students opt the PostGraduation (PG) studies. B.Com students from India, who want to pursue their postgraduate study in abroad (USA-United States of America), have many options to select from available courses.
List of PG Courses:
- CRISIL Certified Analyst Program (CCAP)
- Executive MBA
- Master in Management Studies (M.M.S.)
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Marketing Management
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources Development Management
- Master’s Degree in Marketing
- Master’s in Business Studies
- Master’s of Business Administration (Information Technology) – MBA IT
- Master’s Program in International Business
- MCA (Master’s of Computer Application)
- Post Graduate Diploma In Management
- Chartered Accountant (CA)/CS/ICWA
Job-Oriented Courses after B.Com
Structure of Master’s program varies from school to school. Students should compare the school programs and options available. Students have the option of doing a Master’s Degree in any of the 2 types of programs i.e. Academic & Professional. Depending on the subject chosen by the student, the course can last for one to three years.
Course Name: Masters in Commerce (M.Com)
Duration of Course: 2-years
Specialization in subjects: Accounting, Finance, Business Studies, Statistics, Taxation, Economics, Marketing, Management etc.
Job prospect: M. Com students can join nationalized banks as Probationary Officer (PO)/ Customer Relationship Executive (CRE); Public/Private sector undertakings as Company Law Assistant, Relationship Manager (RM), Junior Accountant (JA), Sales Officer (Accounts); insurance companies as Credit Officer, Financial Analyst or Loan Officer.
Course Name: Masters in Business Administration (MBA)
Duration of Course: 2-year program
Specialization: Marketing Management, Financial Management, Human Resource Management, Banking & Insurance Management, Systems Management.
Foreign MBA is also more expensive and it may take more time to recover the fees of the business degree, especially if you are opting for a US MBA
Course Name: Chartered Accountancy (CA), Company Secretary (CS), Cost and Work Accountancy (CWA)
Duration: 5 years to complete the course
Note: Council of ICAI has decided to reduce the CA course to 3 & half years from the current 5 years & 3 months
Job prospects: Career in financial institutions, government departments, public sector & private banks, international organizations, insurance companies, multinational companies, investment companies and so on after completion of CA/CA/CWA Courses.
Course Name: Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
Specializations: Financial planning, Control, Professional ethics, Analysis, Decision support
Career Options: Financial Analyst, Internal Auditor, Senior Executive, Finance Manager, Business Analyst, Pricing Analyst, Director- Finance, Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Course Name: Certified Public Accounting (CPA)
Specializations: Accounting,Auditing, Taxation, Laws and Regulations, Allied Areas
Career Options: Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting, Back Office / Credit / Operation Manager
Course Name: Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
Specializations: Course quite similar to CA
Duration: 1.25 years
Career Options: Management, banking, consulting and accounting
***CFP (Certified Financial Planner) is a professional degree for financial planners and is ideal for students who wish to pursue a career in Financial Planning.
****Law – A student can also opt for LLB after B.Com. With Business Law as part of the curriculum it is also a viable option.
Careers after Post Graduation:
- Get a job, and work for which you will need a work visa (US).
- Continue on with your studies and get a higher degree (a Phd).
Cost of Education in U.S
A Courses after B.Com in a US University can cost you anywhere between $13,000 per year for a state university & $35,000 per year for an esteemed private university. Apart from tuition fees, majority of universities and colleges charge additional fees.
Top Graduate Schools in USA
- Harvard University
- Stanford University
- The University of Chicago
- University of Pennsylvania
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Northwestern University
- Columbia University
- Princeton University
- University of California (Berkeley Campus)
- University Of Michigan
- Duke University
- University of California
- Yale University,
- Brown University, etc